Its the last day of 2012 and I'm so excited about it. Its been a very interesting, sometimes adventurous 52weeks. Lots of down moments but for every blessing, trials, ups and downs, the disappointing moments, the hurts and heartbreaks, the healing process, the happy moments, the exciting days, the unsure moments and the very certain ones, I'm just really very grateful. That i have life, a mind to reason with and my head still properly screwed on. lol. That i have God and how he's always got my back and for that and more, i cannot thank God enough.
1st quater 2012.
Wrote my first PMP attempt and failed I wasn't well prepared i must say. Went for an open day for masters programs and made new friends. Oh, how can i forget the 'oil subsidy' removal and the chaos after? The enforced holidays and the hardship it placed on a lot of people. Still wondering what came out of the whole 'Drama" and if it really achieved anything. Anyways, 2012 really started after the strike was called off.
One of my best friend got married to the love of her life and i was maid of honor for the first time in my life. We were able to pull off a small bridal shower for her and It was really fun actually. The wedding ceremony was amazing and we were blessed with showers from heaven. lol. It was almost like heaven decided that earth was too dry and needed to get more than a lil wet! It wasn't anything like the flood in the days of Noah, but it sure seemed like it. My boyfriend and I broke up and i experienced 'heartbreak' for the very first time in my almost three decades of existence. I've heard about it, but i had no idea one could hurt that much.
2nd-3rd Quater 2012.
Drama! Drama! Drama!!
Prolly wasn't in the best state of mind to make some decisions but i did. Some i regretted, others I am quite proud of. Cant really remember what happened but i realized i have very few true friends. And when the chips are down, people really disappear. lol. As in serious disappearance o!!!!
Oh well, the chaffs went and the true ones remained.
I started a teaching stunt with Lagos State Government and it was quite an experience. It baffled a lot of the teachers there how i could finish from a private University and want to teach in a State secondary school. For me, it was an awesome experience and one i truly cherish. I loved my students and saw the potentials in them if only they could be steered in the right direction. I met the unruly ones too and they made me realize i am indeed not an average Nigerian. (lol). But all these are now part of the Historical records of my Foundation.
Having a female Principal was scary but she was pretty AMAZING and one of a kind. Having a female boss can be a nightmare and female principals have always been scary. But she showed me you can be a boss with a difference. She's got class, finesse and an attitude of excellence. These are all rare traits in the Public sector and definitely rare among civil servants.
Oh! the corruption in Civil Service is totally unbelievable. It's quite sad and I still wonder where and how the change will start.
Then the quality of teachers we have in secondary schools? Makes me wonder about the quality of students they will produce. Some teachers in my opinion need to go back to high school!
Everybody in my family left (travel, change of location) and somehow i was alone in the house. I actually kinda like living alone sometimes but thank God for my wonderful friend Mimi. She is a FAB babe that i have grown to love more and more after over a decade of being friends. Well over a decade ooo, almost getting to two!!!! Babe, we don dey old oooo. (hehehe). Anywayszz, she came to stay with me for more than a lil while and it was really fun, we got to talk and talk and talk.
Two things i realized as a single babe after so long. Courtesy isn't a very common character trait in town nowadays. 2. Ladies are really desperate to get married anyhow anyhow!!! Its like a new 'epidemic' in town. Sometimes i find it funny and sometimes it makes me sad 'cos it really is kinda sad.
3rd-4th Quater 2012
WOW! Yeah!! Went to Delta with the Covenant University Alumni HOPE foundation. It was an awesome experience doing our bit to help the Internally Displaced Persons of Patani Community in Delta State. It was my first real road-trip in Naija and It was very very interesting. Met people of like minds (Remi, Tobi, Folake, Sunkanmi, Ruth) with a heart burning to help anyone that needs help. Thanks guys for the HUGE opportunity. God Bless Patani residents.
My vacation plan to UK was delayed thanks to British High Commission. I missed a very important parry!!! Was pwetty annoying. Who wants a vacation during winter. Mschew.
For the first time in a long while, i had no car to drive and my 'going out' was totally reduced. I officially don't like danfo buses. They rip your clothes, you inhale too many body odors, the conductors are rude and sometimes you get wet from other people's sweat. YUCK! And the drivers can be sucidal!!! Totally Sucidal o.
I joined a music group and it was really something i needed more than my crew realized. It was therapeutic and exciting. The distance and journey to rehearsal venue can be tiring but the time spent there makes it very worthwhile. God bless our boss, Jim and Ejiro and every member of GLC.
All through the year, the high point was really my walk with God. I grew in leaps and bounds. Each day with him unravelled something new. With him I was able to overcome a lot of hurdles, make decisions and experience miracles. Then my sis and I grew closer in-spite of the thousands of mile between us. There really is nothing like having a Big Sis. Mine is Priceless and I love her now more than ever.
Well, thats the summary of my 2012. Will gist you about December next year! A lot can happen in less than 24hours and I'm expectant!!! It's not over until it's over so stay tuned and do not touch that dial! Oops! I mean don't forget to visit again soon or better still, follow my blog to get updates on new posts! Thank You for been a Huge part of my 2012. Yeah, you!!! Mwah!
1st quater 2012.
Wrote my first PMP attempt and failed I wasn't well prepared i must say. Went for an open day for masters programs and made new friends. Oh, how can i forget the 'oil subsidy' removal and the chaos after? The enforced holidays and the hardship it placed on a lot of people. Still wondering what came out of the whole 'Drama" and if it really achieved anything. Anyways, 2012 really started after the strike was called off.
One of my best friend got married to the love of her life and i was maid of honor for the first time in my life. We were able to pull off a small bridal shower for her and It was really fun actually. The wedding ceremony was amazing and we were blessed with showers from heaven. lol. It was almost like heaven decided that earth was too dry and needed to get more than a lil wet! It wasn't anything like the flood in the days of Noah, but it sure seemed like it. My boyfriend and I broke up and i experienced 'heartbreak' for the very first time in my almost three decades of existence. I've heard about it, but i had no idea one could hurt that much.
2nd-3rd Quater 2012.
Drama! Drama! Drama!!
Prolly wasn't in the best state of mind to make some decisions but i did. Some i regretted, others I am quite proud of. Cant really remember what happened but i realized i have very few true friends. And when the chips are down, people really disappear. lol. As in serious disappearance o!!!!
Oh well, the chaffs went and the true ones remained.
I started a teaching stunt with Lagos State Government and it was quite an experience. It baffled a lot of the teachers there how i could finish from a private University and want to teach in a State secondary school. For me, it was an awesome experience and one i truly cherish. I loved my students and saw the potentials in them if only they could be steered in the right direction. I met the unruly ones too and they made me realize i am indeed not an average Nigerian. (lol). But all these are now part of the Historical records of my Foundation.
Having a female Principal was scary but she was pretty AMAZING and one of a kind. Having a female boss can be a nightmare and female principals have always been scary. But she showed me you can be a boss with a difference. She's got class, finesse and an attitude of excellence. These are all rare traits in the Public sector and definitely rare among civil servants.
Oh! the corruption in Civil Service is totally unbelievable. It's quite sad and I still wonder where and how the change will start.
Then the quality of teachers we have in secondary schools? Makes me wonder about the quality of students they will produce. Some teachers in my opinion need to go back to high school!
Everybody in my family left (travel, change of location) and somehow i was alone in the house. I actually kinda like living alone sometimes but thank God for my wonderful friend Mimi. She is a FAB babe that i have grown to love more and more after over a decade of being friends. Well over a decade ooo, almost getting to two!!!! Babe, we don dey old oooo. (hehehe). Anywayszz, she came to stay with me for more than a lil while and it was really fun, we got to talk and talk and talk.
Two things i realized as a single babe after so long. Courtesy isn't a very common character trait in town nowadays. 2. Ladies are really desperate to get married anyhow anyhow!!! Its like a new 'epidemic' in town. Sometimes i find it funny and sometimes it makes me sad 'cos it really is kinda sad.
3rd-4th Quater 2012
WOW! Yeah!! Went to Delta with the Covenant University Alumni HOPE foundation. It was an awesome experience doing our bit to help the Internally Displaced Persons of Patani Community in Delta State. It was my first real road-trip in Naija and It was very very interesting. Met people of like minds (Remi, Tobi, Folake, Sunkanmi, Ruth) with a heart burning to help anyone that needs help. Thanks guys for the HUGE opportunity. God Bless Patani residents.
My vacation plan to UK was delayed thanks to British High Commission. I missed a very important parry!!! Was pwetty annoying. Who wants a vacation during winter. Mschew.
For the first time in a long while, i had no car to drive and my 'going out' was totally reduced. I officially don't like danfo buses. They rip your clothes, you inhale too many body odors, the conductors are rude and sometimes you get wet from other people's sweat. YUCK! And the drivers can be sucidal!!! Totally Sucidal o.
I joined a music group and it was really something i needed more than my crew realized. It was therapeutic and exciting. The distance and journey to rehearsal venue can be tiring but the time spent there makes it very worthwhile. God bless our boss, Jim and Ejiro and every member of GLC.
All through the year, the high point was really my walk with God. I grew in leaps and bounds. Each day with him unravelled something new. With him I was able to overcome a lot of hurdles, make decisions and experience miracles. Then my sis and I grew closer in-spite of the thousands of mile between us. There really is nothing like having a Big Sis. Mine is Priceless and I love her now more than ever.
Well, thats the summary of my 2012. Will gist you about December next year! A lot can happen in less than 24hours and I'm expectant!!! It's not over until it's over so stay tuned and do not touch that dial! Oops! I mean don't forget to visit again soon or better still, follow my blog to get updates on new posts! Thank You for been a Huge part of my 2012. Yeah, you!!! Mwah!
Written by Aralmbles
WELCOME TO 2013!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment