Tuesday, October 9, 2012

When Evil Reigns in the society.........


This video, this killing of four undergraduates, for (allegedly) stealing mobile phones and laptops is VERY disturbing. But we must not lose hope. Most developed nations today went through their barbaric stage before getting to where they are today. We mustn't let all these negative things coming out about Nigeria- continued corruption, massive flooding across so many states killing ordinary citizens in it's path, mindless killings, armed robbery, the list goes on-  make us lose hope or give up on our beloved nation. If anything, we should allow the opposite to happen. 

We, who want positive change for Nigeria (and believe me, there are many of us), must continue to rise up, gather, speak, act, fight for the Nigeria that we want to see.   

Good must crowd out evil. We must never give up, we must never lose hope, we all must continue to play our parts, in big and small ways, to change Nigeria, it's government, it's citizens, for the better. We must want it badly enough to never give up until we see the change we desire. We must keep going for it until we die and we pass on the vision, the hunger, the pain, to the ones coming behind us. 
Hearsay, Nothing confirmed yet.

I know social media has its' faults all the tweeting, Face-booking, etc), but I am glad for social media for one thing- it has increased my awareness of what's going on around the world and particularly in my country.

It has propelled me to actively get more involved in what is going on in my country and play my part to effect positive change. 

Like most of you I am very busy with my life- studying, raising a family, working full time. I work in housing  and I have made a conscious decision to put some of my busy time aside and I have joined a group of Nigerians who are using their skills to help bring about affordable housing to Nigeria. It is not transforming Nigeria just yet, it is moving slowing, but I sleep better at night knowing that I am doing this small thing. 

What small thing can you do,  in spite of your busy life), to help bring about positive changes to Nigeria? Maybe not right now, but if we are not intentional about playing our part, if we don't plan it, time will slip by and we will find we are not doing anything to help make Nigeria a better place and we its' citizens, better people.

There are so many areas,  so many sectors that need changes, you will be spoilt for choice. The government can't do it alone. We all must play our part. Even simply challenging the government for more effective, transparent, leadership is all part of effecting positive change. Let us not just pray, let us take deliberate, positive actions to bring about a better Nigeria, better citizens. Nigeria go better!

Written by
K. Lofinmakin


I hope you make a conscious decision on what you can do, no matter how small and you follow through by your actions. Start Right Now!!!

I strongly advice not to watch the video IF you haven't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment