OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! These were the only thoughts running through my mind a couple of years ago when I heard about the impending divorce of Pastor Benny Hinn and wife. You have no idea how excited I was about the reconciliation. I was just Super doper excited!!! I am still. Nothing excites me like homes reconciled, marriages healed and restored. It shows to me how Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Love himself can work with two WILLING individuals. Another testimony that excites me was the reconciliation of Tye Tribbett and wife when they were faced with troubles some years back. God can indeed mend every broken pieces.
These OMG feelings happened again couple of weeks ago when i heard about the impending divorce of a BISHOP after 20 years of Marriage. And how it was an instruction from the God? Hmmmmmmm!!!!
For me, it's quite obvious that there has been a continuous, consistent obvious attack on this first institution arranged and organized by God since the creation of man. Now it's worse than ever.
When I read about the Bishop making that announcement in church thatbeautiful Sunday morning, my heart broke, then I got angry. I could just imagine a couple coming to church, hoping for a word, contemplating divorce and hearing that announcement....... Huge Sign? Especially in my country where a word from a pastor is the unquestionable "Truth" for many. Where a lot of Christians are too lazy to study the bible themselves. Where if a pastor tells you to stay with your violent spouse you stay there even if it kills you. I could go on and on and on....
It's obvious how the rate of divorce exponentially increased lately, especially among Christians and christian leaders. I know I prolly cannot fully understand the complexity of Marriage relationship till I get married (you think?). However my hope is in the fact that I (and my future Husband) know the author of Marriage and totally depend and will continue to depend on and trust him to lead, teach, guide, personally tutorme us on how to glorify his name in Marriage. He stated clearly that as for "DIVORCE" in the beginning it was not so (approved
by God) but God saw us, saw our hearts as men and decided to allow
divorce on the grounds of "Adultery". This isn't the/a perfect world God created in the beginning.
However, when a Christ-Follower tells me he/she is getting a divorce for "Spiritual" reasons? I am totally dumbfounded. The things we claim and do all because of spiritual reasons? I dare not write what i really think of that. Tell me irreconcilable differences abeg, tell me abuse, tell me the marriage seems to be killing you, tell me anything but please don't say God told you. God is not the author of confusion!!!
Divorce........ does not glorify God. However, I know some people cannot help but go through it, for some it's the only way they will live long. Quoting from a DSTV advert, "Divorce is bloody, brutal andbladdy Expensive." Does that sound like God's plan to anyone? Somebody? Anybody? Its bloody because someone gets hurt if not all parties involved. And the heart bleeds and bleeds and
bleeds!!! It's Brutal 'cos it leaves scars behind and
something dies. No, that sounded mild, more like something got brutally killed! It's expensive, maybe not money wise for us here in Africa (we don't pay alimony *sad face*) but it
is emotionally expensive, psychologically traumatizing especially when you
have children involved.
I love the Hinns and am so so so grateful to God for bringing that Marriage back together. He alone can mend all broken pieces. It's like a message, or i chose to see it as one. That God is interested in healing homes and restoring marriages. I thank God for every home that went through the storm and became stronger wiser and better. I thank God for every home going through the storm, even my dear Bishop and wife. I trust God for a special miracle in that seemingly hopeless situation. I also wish more married people will be sincere and truthful and stop putting up false appearance and talks and learn to ask for help? (what do i know, right?)
If you're single, stop praying all your prayers for HUSBAND. (Oh, I Aral wanna get married soon Abeg! *Straight Face*) Pray for that home you know of that's going through a problem or the other (we all know one or two) and pray for that home you love thats seemingly not going through any problem. Consciously pray consistently pray. What you make happen for others, God will make happen for you.
I am angry (because of the divorce rate in churches), but I am praying. I will not just pray for mine, I am praying for yours.
And go for knowledge please before planning for the altar and don't stop after saying 'I Do'.
Have a Fab Marriage people (Not by mouth o or prayer alone, it's serious hard-work, very serious HARD WORK and the help of God)!
These OMG feelings happened again couple of weeks ago when i heard about the impending divorce of a BISHOP after 20 years of Marriage. And how it was an instruction from the God? Hmmmmmmm!!!!
For me, it's quite obvious that there has been a continuous, consistent obvious attack on this first institution arranged and organized by God since the creation of man. Now it's worse than ever.
When I read about the Bishop making that announcement in church that
It's obvious how the rate of divorce exponentially increased lately, especially among Christians and christian leaders. I know I prolly cannot fully understand the complexity of Marriage relationship till I get married (you think?). However my hope is in the fact that I (and my future Husband) know the author of Marriage and totally depend and will continue to depend on and trust him to lead, teach, guide, personally tutor
However, when a Christ-Follower tells me he/she is getting a divorce for "Spiritual" reasons? I am totally dumbfounded. The things we claim and do all because of spiritual reasons? I dare not write what i really think of that. Tell me irreconcilable differences abeg, tell me abuse, tell me the marriage seems to be killing you, tell me anything but please don't say God told you. God is not the author of confusion!!!
Divorce........ does not glorify God. However, I know some people cannot help but go through it, for some it's the only way they will live long. Quoting from a DSTV advert, "Divorce is bloody, brutal and
I love the Hinns and am so so so grateful to God for bringing that Marriage back together. He alone can mend all broken pieces. It's like a message, or i chose to see it as one. That God is interested in healing homes and restoring marriages. I thank God for every home that went through the storm and became stronger wiser and better. I thank God for every home going through the storm, even my dear Bishop and wife. I trust God for a special miracle in that seemingly hopeless situation. I also wish more married people will be sincere and truthful and stop putting up false appearance and talks and learn to ask for help? (what do i know, right?)
If you're single, stop praying all your prayers for HUSBAND. (Oh, I Aral wanna get married soon Abeg! *Straight Face*) Pray for that home you know of that's going through a problem or the other (we all know one or two) and pray for that home you love thats seemingly not going through any problem. Consciously pray consistently pray. What you make happen for others, God will make happen for you.
I am angry (because of the divorce rate in churches), but I am praying. I will not just pray for mine, I am praying for yours.
And go for knowledge please before planning for the altar and don't stop after saying 'I Do'.
Have a Fab Marriage people (Not by mouth o or prayer alone, it's serious hard-work, very serious HARD WORK and the help of God)!

Hi Lara, I just read this, you have no idea how excited I am that the Hinns' are beck together! I totally share ur views about divorce in the church, we really need help from God, the rate is very alarming. I heard of Dietrich Haddon and wife recently and he realeased a statement about, though not claiming that God told him to do so but explaining that it was necessary and that they are not perfect...I really wish that din't have to happen. Like you've rightly said I think we all should get our prayers on, we need to stop hearing things like this about church folk.
ReplyDelete