Monday, December 26, 2011

Second best Christmas Eve, ever!



2011 was my best Christmas eve ever! oh, second best i should say, my best Christmas eve was.......... To the main gist joh!
Spent most of the day in my home-town with old friends (we all came for the party) and it was really awesome catching up. Got to the town at about 3pm on 23rd. Had to do sooo much dusting and cleaning up of my Dads house , no thanks to the harmattan.
Then left to see the bride-to be and was she excited! Lol. I was super-doper excited too. She was FINALLY getting married to her boy-friend of about 11years (Abeg, sisters don’t even go there!). I mean what were they thinking? The psychological Trauma???? (lol, am a drama queen so allow me ...).seriously!!!!

Anyway, we sat outside with some mutual friends, gisting for over 2hours! We talked about everything and anything. Mostly we made fun of one of us. The guy had become soo lean, I called his bum Cardboard. And the bride called him ironed and flattened out box! I wonder what he will say IF he gets to read this (*covering ma face*).
Finally, after a lot of merry go rounding we ended up at ma place and talked till we were dropping with sleep! We had no idea when we will have the opportunity to be together again! L
24th- Woke up by 7am (Engagement was for 7:30) with heavy and sleepy eyes. Dragged myself to the bathroom and had my bath, (i was still overcome with sleep o). Then decided to have breakfast in my own interest. I shall not go hungry. Amen.
 The guys left my place to go get their groomsmen uniform from the groom only to discover one of the shirt was stolen (My Naija people sha!)
Oh, it was my cardboard bum friend’s shirt that got stolen.  Hahahahahahahaha
I got to the Engagement venue after 1hr of running around and met the latter part of the engagement. The bride gave me a huge smile and asked me to drop her at home so she can change to her gown. We got to her place and the gown was just soo beautiful. Blossom Bridals did a very good job sha.
Fast Forward to church, the bride was 6mins lateJ. The service was about 2hours long. Yours truly left in between service to run some personal mumsy’s errand. Tried to use the ATM and  after going to a couple of ATMs i realised i was holding a very useless card. Thank God for Backup plan and the wisdom of topping up  fuel in the car on arrival the previous day.
Got back to church and the service was still on (Oh ma dayszzzz!). My church really has made it difficult for me to sit for more than an hour for a church wedding service.
Fast forward to reception, it was beautiful, the Bride was happy, the groom was happy and everyone was dancing. I was on drugs! Lol I was sooooo happy and mushy at the same time.  Theirs is a testimony of the faithfulness of God and the power of prayers.
Anyways, more catching up for me and my friends. I sadly remembered i was still going back to Lagos same day and i did not want my boyfriend calling me while i was yet to leave my home town (he didn’t even call sha) and him getting upset over my setting out for Lagos late. I painfully bade my dear friends good byeszzz and got to Lagos in  record time.
All in all, it was a beautiful day and friends made it a memorable one for me and i hope our presence made it a memorable day for the couple. Happy married life Mr and Mrs Obasola and God Bless your home. I love you guys soo soooo much!
Me setting out, very late actually



Here comes the bride

And now we welcome Mr and Mrs Obasola!


3 comments:

  1. Hi darling, just read your blog. I really love your writing. You should do a course in Creative Writing and become a journalist. Well done for being there for ur friend. May you always be surrounded by good friends who will share many good occasions with you as you share with them. Amen. Love you loads. Xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ya, I made the earlier comment. I didnt mean not to add my name. Love Kemi xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww, thanks a bunch sis. Mwah!

    ReplyDelete