Decided to try the unusual last Wednesday and watch Naija movies at the cinema back to back. Got to "The Palms, Lekki" for 10:10am after sharing breakfast with a friend who was going in for a major exam.
Got to the theater about 10 mins after the movie (return of Jenifa) started. Initially, I didn't find it a tad funny, the commercial adverts coined into the roles….., irritating. I mean, who cares about any Telco service providers performance or non performance in my movie? A comedy for that matter! Or who cares about tax or no tax? I think a lil more creativity would have been nice. But it got interesting and i actually laughed quite hard (i hardly get to 'laff' in movies except for Tom and Jerry of course). It ended up been nice and relaxing, I love the HIV/AIDS awareness thingy. And I’ll prolly go check ma status again soon. Yup! done it before. (Thanks to ma Alma-Mater). I’ll definitely recommend it if you can ignore the initial annoying adverts coined to the roles. I still prefer the first “Jenifa.”. All in all, its nice to watch a Nigerian comedy that did not involve baba suwe and had people like Denrele, Eldee, Kafayat (lol), and Funke herself.
Next movie was gona start about an hour after the first ended. So I decided a lil window shopping would be nice! I looked around, and was glad i did not have enough on me to shop. For me, shopping is therapeutic and always relaxing. There’s a very disappointing shop @ The Palms, Lekki; they just never have anything interesting. But Mango never disappoints! So glad I did not go with ma card!!! Phew!
I also went to the MTN store; those customer care ladies are so fine! Jeez! And the only guy there: (oh ma dayzzz!!! He was sooo fine! long sigh) attended to yours truly and he solved ma problem (*wide grin*).
My next movie, was due by the time I was through, (did I just rhyme?). But trust Naija and keeping to time. The movie started 30 mins late! So had time to look around and make up stories about everyone around me. Most interesting was a couple; I'm a romantic so what do you expect? The just kept on giggling over only God knows what, and made me miss ma boo even more. Finally the movie started after 30mins! (Noticed nobody was complaining about that and couldn’t help wondering if that was a norm?)
The movie, Two Brides and a baby; totally loved it. The script writer did a good job and was glad to see new faces taking up lead roles (new faces to me, I may be wrong). The story is pretty much like the title, two brides, a groom and the baby. Lol. Nope, I'm not spilling! Go and watch.
Had to rush out of The Palms to avoid Lekki traffic and be on time to pick up ma friend (latest CCIE in town!) lol.
You ask, “Why is this day worth blogging about?” Ahem...ehmmm..... never mind. Ill prolly share the reason soon enough.
Kinda busy prepping for an exam I have been procrastinating on for about eight. But am getting ma groove back! So back to reading!
Kinda busy prepping for an exam I have been procrastinating on for about eight. But am getting ma groove back! So back to reading!
Have a fab weekend people. And Thank God it’s FRIDAY!!!! Go watch two brides and a baby with a friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment